This conference will discuss the next steps for natural capital in England, including assessing the value of public goods.
It is timed to take place following anticipated introduction of the full Environment Bill in the next parliament - and will focus on its proposals for:
- improving air and water quality,
- restoring and enhancing nature and green spaces, and
- developing a more sustainable resource and waste management system.
- Policy priorities for implementing the Environment Bill;
- Examining the practical use of natural capital approaches;
- Opportunities for developing and introducing Nature Recovery Networks; and
- Recommendations from the Landscapes Review - the role of National Parks and Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs) in leading nature recovery.
- Next steps for the protection of natural capital - developing new data-based frameworks, prioritising environmental net gain, and the role of businesses; and
- Effective utilisation of ecosystem services - examining societal benefits, assessing the financial value and changing environmental regulation.
- Developing a payment system for protecting and improving the natural environment.