Towards Sustainable Water Security in Southeast Asia: Directions, Strategies, Solutions
Water is crucial to life and all forms of social, economic, and environmental development.
Water resource issues in ASEAN include inadequate drinking-water supply and sanitation facilities, water pollution, floods, the siltation of river systems, and the management of rivers and large dams present special management challenges.
Barriers to addressing these issues include poverty, iliteracy, rapid population growth, and ineffective institutions and policies for devloping, distributing, pricing, and conserving water resources.
The Objectives of Global Water Conference 2017:
- To raise awareness on the importance of water resource management that contributes to a more sustainable water security in developing countries.
- To identify challenges and opportunities in improving water efficiency under the prevailing socio-economic, environmental, cultural, and political conditions in the developing countries.
- To facilitate an open scientific discussion platform to share knowledge and experiences between researchers, executives, decision and policy makers, private sector, and other stakeholders, on improving water efficiency in various water supply and consuming sectors.
- To identify scientific and technological research needs and priorities in the field of water efficiency to aid the process of policy formulation and decision making.
- To identify key trends and issues confronting the sustainable accessibility of clean water.
- To provide networking and build business opportunities while engaged in discussion on pertinent issues with industry experts.
- To build a network between individuals, institutes, civil society/NGOs and private sector in the field of water efficiency.
To book your place at this conference, please fill out the form here.