Catchment Partnership (CaBA) Development Officers
Salary band: £23,000 to £30,000
Flexible working potential
Full time – 35 hours a week fixed Term Contract although Part Time applicants will also be considered
Thames21 is an environmental charity putting healthy rivers at the heart of community life. Through our environmental improvements, education, research and advocacy efforts we inspire and influence effective and lasting change by working hand-in-hand with communities to deliver tangible and measurable improvements for urban rivers. www.thames21.org.uk | Registered Charity No. 1103997
We are recruiting enthusiastic and committed individuals as river Catchment Partnership Development Officers to help deliver integrated improvements for rivers, wildlife and people across Greater London. These new posts provide an exciting opportunity to develop Thames21’s role as a Rivers Trust to bring together the delivery of the Catchment Based Approach (CaBA) partnerships hosted by Thames21. Building resilience for future generations in our capital city, these new posts will inspire and help to deliver real on-the-ground environmental improvements, working closely with partners across all sectors to meet sustainability goals for green-blue corridors and to benefit local communities.
Applicants should have:
- Relevant academic or professional qualifications in river or other environmental sciences and/or environmental governance is highly desirable
- Experience of Community Engagement and development of stakeholder groups
- Experience of river restoration or other environmental Project Development leading to delivery
- Experience of knowledge exchange and identifying common ground to bring diverse interests together; in a way of working that is catchment wide, cross boundary with multiple organisations
- Relevant experience of completing funding applications
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and retain up-to-date knowledge of Thames21, its projects and programmes
- Excellent presentation, administrative & organisational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and IT skills
In return we offer:
- 25 days paid annual leave are available plus public holidays. In addition, the Thames21 office is closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Thames21 operate a flexitime system of working
- Interest free season ticket loan or bike loan
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Mobile phone for company use
- Work Place Pension Scheme
Closing date for completed application forms: Monday 3rd June 2019 mid-day
Interviews will be conducted on: 13th, 14th or 15th June.
Completed applications should be sent to by email to: Michael.Heath@Thames21.org.uk
Or posted to: Michael Heath, Personnel Manager, Thames21, Walbrook Wharf, 78-83 Upper Thames Street, London EC4R 3TD
For more information, to see a job description and to apply, please see the Thames21 vacancies webpage here.