Exciting Senior Project Management opportunity at a progressive and inclusive water industry contractor.
Do you have project and team management experience and a strong work ethic?
Do you have a drive for River Restoration or Asset Refurbishment Project Delivery?
Do you want to develop your project management career at strong, stable and growing specialist construction company while contributing to a more sustainable world?
Do you have the drive to deliver client satisfaction, build long term relationships, and strive towards team and personal growth?
If so, we want to hear from you. There are fantastic opportunities for you to develop and enhance your career at Stonbury.
We are a growing national construction company supplying specialist services to the water industry, the Environment Agency and a broad range of private clients, holding 20 Framework agreements nationally. At Stonbury, everything we do is contributing to a more sustainable world with planet, people and prosperity working in harmony to achieve it.
Help us to create a more healthy and sustainable world. Join us on the journey and make a positive difference.
What you'll be doing
Our approach is highly collaborative and proactive, ensuring that work is completed to the highest standards required by our clients, and within clearly defined budgets and timescales. The role covers the North West of England with each day varying between home, office and site working.
You will work with your team delivering successful projects and you may get involved in scoping and inspection of jobs, assisting commercial teams to price tenders and schemes, help and support the setting up and managing of the day to day projects and client liaison and development to grow our work scope and base within United Utilities. You will also have overall responsibility for team management in the north West and be an active member of the senior management team for the North of England and Scotland, providing input at regional meetings.
The role will suit you if you want to get involved with both team and client management, leading the team to continued success.
Who we’re looking for
While attitude is more important to us than qualifications, you will be an experienced Project Manager who is highly organised, self-motivated and able to work in a fast paced environment.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience, two of which must have been in a managerial role
- Understanding in the delivery of civil engineering projects and/or including river restoration projects
- Able to work alone and using own initiative to solve problems and complete daily tasks
- Full clean UK driving licence
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently and deal with a variety of people including the client, suppliers and wider team members face-to- face, in writing and on the telephone
- Organised, focused and self-determined
- Possess a positive attitude and be committed to high levels of care for staff and the client
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements
- Strong IT skills, in particular MS Excel
- Possess a nationally recognised certificate of Health and Safety or NEBOSH qualification
- Experience gained within the water industry, ideally clean water industry
- Have good practical experience of River Restoration or Environmental Projects and their part in sustainable delivery
- Some experience of specialist coatings, concrete repairs etc ideal but not essential