Nature based solutions, and specifically natural flood management (NFM), is a strategic growth area for Mott MacDonald and aligns with our purpose, to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do. We are passionate about using NFM to help address issues in society as well as provide wider benefits to the environment and local communities.
Due to continued growth we are recruiting a Senior Natural Flood Management Specialist to work within our water team and assist with winning work and delivering high quality outcomes in this area. We are currently working on an exciting programme of work to help the city of Leeds become more resilient to climate change by developing a strategic approach to implement a programme of NFM measures across the 700km2 River Aire catchment upstream.
The right individual will be dynamic and passionate, a strategic thinker who is keen to help us grow our workload as well as share our existing expertise in this area across the UK and beyond. You will be well placed to help develop our business in this rapidly growing area; help us explore opportunities, understand what our customers want and help develop bespoke solutions to meet their needs. In particular, we are keen to build on growing momentum in delivery of innovative and digital solutions for NFM to help us make natural flood management approaches more mainstream to tackle issues across society.
The role would ideally be based in Leeds, alongside our NFM Lead, however other locations may be considered for the right candidate.
We would like someone who can demonstrate:
- Technical expertise and a passion for natural flood management;
- An ability to work independently, lead a team, manage projects and write bids;
- Experience of delivering NFM projects, specific elements of NFM projects or expertise in certain NFM measures;
- A wider background expertise in a subject such as flood risk management, hydrology, geomorphology or engineering;
- An ability to work with other disciplines in order to deliver the best integrated solutions;
- A desire to help win work and grow the team, and ideally have experience in line management;
- A passion for mentoring and developing junior staff