Do you have proven experience working with fluvial geomorphology in the natural and built environment?
Are you passionate about improving the condition and state of our rivers and floodplains?
Due to growing demand across a range of exciting projects we are looking to recruit and have an exciting opportunity for a Fluvial Geomorphologist within our Geomorphology and River Restoration team.
The successful candidate for this post will be required to undertake geomorphology related fieldwork and desk studies for a variety of design, build and restoration schemes. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of environmental compliance and will support our wider environmental and engineering teams to input into and deliver projects such as asset maintenance, refurbishment and replacement and flood defence design and build schemes.
We are particularly interested in candidates who can demonstrate broad experience and awareness of the inter-linkages between fluvial geomorphology, hydraulics, hydrology and ecology.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic individual who is a strong communicator and team player, with a proven ability to work as a key member of a multi-disciplinary team. Candidates should be prepared to travel throughout the UK and Ireland and spend occasional nights away from home.
The job will involve:
- Management of projects and small project teams and responsibility for delivering projects to time, budget and quality requirements.
- Managing specialist sub-contractors.
- Using and analysing datasets, GIS and modelling outputs.
- Writing concise and logical reports, including for example policy research, technical analysis of hydraulic datasets, recommending policies.
- Presenting at client meetings or project workshops.
- Stakeholder engagement, with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Assisting with tenders for commissions.
Our current team is based predominantly at our Midlands office in Coleshill, B46 3AD although our approach to hybrid and flexible working means we will consider candidates for several office locations.