cbec eco-engineering UK is a growing environmental consultancy specialising in water resources and environmental management. Eco-engineering concerns the combination of sustainable ecological best practice with innovative methods of environmental engineering. Our key focus areas are river and floodplain restoration, natural flood management, fisheries and barrier management and hydropower support. Working on projects throughout the UK, the company currently has 16 staff based in its offices in Inverness, Alloa and London.
cbec is looking for an experienced fluvial geomorphologist to assist our expanding work in this area. We require a person who has the requisite skills to:
i) Lead field surveys and undertake associated data analysis; and
ii) Play a key role in report/ proposal writing
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to at least MSc/ but preferably PhD level in a water resource/ environmental management related discipline
- Have a solid grounding in the theory and practice of fluvial geomorphology (essential)
- Have experience in project management
- Be familiar with field assessment and sampling methodologies in river and wetland environments, specifically with knowledge of sediment sampling and geomorphic assessments/ analyses
- Have some experience working in river/ floodplain restoration design, Natural Flood Management and/ or fish passage projects
- Ideally be based in Inverness or central Scotland
In terms of data analysis/ management, experience of MS Excel, GIS, and AutoCAD civil WD would be advantageous
Salary will be commensurate with experience. There is no specific deadline for applications. and the position will be filled as soon as possible for an immediate start.
Please direct all queries and applications to Martin Kernan email@example.com