We are seeking an experienced practitioner with a passion for nature-based solutions (NBS) in the water environment and an ability to convert that passion into effective, progressive and sustainable designs. You would work as part of our Sustainable River Management team designing and implementing natural flood management; river restoration; nature-based, and formal, fish passage; wetland development; mitigation for infrastructure development. We have delivered a great range of, award winning, projects across the country in this topic area for a whole variety of clients. While we recognise that numerous disciplines deliver NBS, we are specifically looking for an engineering lead, to engage with our established team of geomorphologists, aquatic ecologists and hydrologists in delivering this work. The role would be at either a senior or principal level within the business depending on experience and the proven ability to lead this area of work. The team is close-knit and technically progressive. If you are looking to deliver interesting and significant projects, really influence environmental outcomes, and work within a collaborative culture of wellbeing, innovation and inclusivity, this is the place for you.
- To lead in the design of NBS in the water environment, especially in Natural Flood Management (NFM), river restoration and fish pass design
- To build lasting and durable strategic partnerships with clients
- To engage stakeholders in the design and construction of NBS - including landowners, regulators and project partners
- Facilitate consensus in design across a range of organisations
- To work collaboratively with internal and external partners in the evolution and delivery of NBS and associated projects
- To support and mentor early careers colleagues, particularly in the development of NBS
- To be a strong and effective advocate for NBS
- To drive thought leadership, technical best practice and knowledge sharing; and to be a role model, inspiring and supporting early careers colleagues.