- Location : North Wales
- Grade & Salary: 5, £30,873 rising to £34,218 over four years
- Post number: 202862
- Type of contract: Permanent
- Work pattern: 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 31 October 2021
Interviews to take place when/where: Week commencing 8 November 2021 via Microsoft Teams
Benefits: Civil Service pension, 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days over 5 years, flexible working options, occupational health including counselling and advisory services and eye care and salary sacrifice schemes.
The post holder will join a team providing a hydrology, water resource assessment, flood risk assessment and geomorphology service across North West and North East Wales including the Upper Severn Area.
The post holder will provide a comprehensive technical fluvial geomorphology support service, to internal customers and partners, with a particular focus on water resource, and flood and coastal risk management teams.
The post-holder will use their technical knowledge and experience to ensure geomorphological advice provided to both internal and external customers, achieves NRW’s desired environmental outcomes.
Qualifications and Skills
1. Degree in relevant scientific subject (e.g. physical geography, environment science or civil engineering).
2. Graduate member of appropriate professional body (e.g. CIWEM or ICE) working towards becoming chartered.
3. Able to demonstrate competency in geomorphological science and have the ability to apply practically and innovatively at an operational level. Experience will have been gained over and number of years using geomorphological methods, techniques and calculations, with sime experience of working on site on rivers.
4. Good understanding of hydromorphological elements of the Water Framework Directive, as well as the ability to write technical reports on such aspects.
5. Ability to convey technical information to non-specialists.
6. Ability to undertake fieldwork in sometimes physically demanding environments.
7. Full UK driving licence.
To apply, please visit the NRW website.