cbec eco-engineering UK has recently become part of the RSK Group. We are a growing environmental consultancy specialising in water resources and environmental management. Eco-engineering concerns the combination of sustainable ecological best practice with innovative methods of environmental engineering. Our key focus areas are river and floodplain restoration, natural flood management, fisheries and barrier management and hydropower support. Working on projects throughout the UK, the company currently has 19 staff based in its offices in Inverness, Stirling and London.
Since becoming part of the RSK group we have been increasing our project portfolio, working with a range of new partners, both geographically and across different sectors. As a consequence, we are looking for an experienced fluvial geomorphologist to assist our expanding work in this and other areas. We require a person who has the requisite skills to:
i) Lead field surveys and undertake associated data analysis; and
ii) Play a key role in report/ proposal writing
The ideal candidate will:
- Be educated to at least MSc/ but preferably PhD level in a water resource/ environmental management related discipline
- Have a solid grounding in the theory and practice of fluvial geomorphology (essential)
- Have experience in project management
- Be familiar with field assessment and sampling methodologies in river and wetland environments, specifically with knowledge of sediment sampling and geomorphic assessments/ analyses
- Have some experience working in river/ floodplain restoration design, Natural Flood Management and/ or fish passage projects
- Have some experience supervising construction restoration design and acting as Principal Designer under CDM Regulations 2015.
- Ideally be based in Inverness or central Scotland
In terms of data analysis/ management, experience of MS Excel, GIS, and AutoCAD civil 3D would be advantageous
Salary will be commensurate with experience. There is no specific deadline for applications and the position will be filled as soon as possible for an immediate start.
Please direct all enquiries and applications (CV and covering letter) to the website here.