The next Dam Removal Europe seminar will take place on the 22-23 of May 2019 in Pärnu, Estonia!
The seminar will be two days long—one day for presentations and the second day for a fieldtrip. The first day there will be presentations about dam removal stories, techniques and strategies from European countries and the USA. The second day, the participants will get the opportunity to visit the Sindi Dam removal site along the Pärnu River. The second site visit will take participants to the Purtse River contamination site that is part of a unique river restoration project in Estonia.
Confirmed speakers are:
- Jukka Jormola - Finnish Environment Institute (Finland)
- Bob Irvin - American Rivers (USA)
- Sampsa Vilhunen - WWF FI (Finland)
- Niels Jepsen - Denmark Technical University (Denmark)
- Aitziber Urquijo Luengo - Basque Water Agency (Spain)
- Ivan Olsson - County Administrative Board of Skåne (Sweden)
- Külli Tammur - Environment Agency of Estonia
- Raimo Jaaksoo - Environment Agency of Estonia
- Otso Lintinen – Ramboll (Finland)
The location of the event is approximately two hours and a half south from Tallin by public transport. For more information about the seminar (registration link, fee, fieldtrip information and photos, hotels and directions, etc.) please go to https://damremoval.eu/dam-removal-europe-international-seminar-estonia/
Full program will be ready at the end of this month and you will be able to download it from the above link.
Please note that there are limited number of seats so we recommend that you register as soon as possible.