A key role of the River Restoration Centre (RRC) is to transfer our knowledge and experience of river restoration projects across the UK to a wider audience. If you are interested in a member of the RRC staff giving a presentation at your event please contact us.
Conferences, seminars and meetings we have contributed to:
We have presented at regional and national events to an array of different audiences.
- NFM workshop with RA and Blue-Green cities, Belfast, 2nd September. Presentation given.
- Strategic Partners Meeting with the Upper and Beford Ouse CP, Bedfordshire, 7th September. Presentation given.
- Introdutory presentation and site visit to Ouse Valley Park with Chinese delegation, 9th September.
- Dove Catchment Partnership workshop on weir removal and restoration planning, 1st July. Presentation given.
- Ecosystem services workshop, Hexham, RRC event, 9th July. Presentation given. See more.
- RRC Best Practice River Restoration Design: Concept to Delivery - Manchester, 9th June. Presentation given. See more.
- Joint RRC/ Cranfield Research student (ITN HypoTRAIN) summer school teaching, Berlin, 22nd- 23rd June. Presentation given.
- RRC Natural Flood Management Training Course - Belford, Northumberland, 21st April. Presentation given. See more.
- Evening presentation in conjunction with ARUP, Northumbria.
- Landscape Institute East of England, presentation given on river restoration.
- Blueprint for Water conference on Chalk streams (run by WWF), Woking, 5th February. Presentation given
- IUCN UK national committee expert workshop. 'River Restoration and Biodiversity'. Organiser and presentation given.
- INBO, international water managers conference. 'Natural Water Retention Measures and River Restoration'. Bucharest, Romania. Presentation given.
- Natural Resources Wales workshop 'Mitigation for Heavily Modified Water Bodies'. Presentation given.
- British Society for Geomorphology annual general meeting. 1st to 3rd September, Manchester. Presentation given.
- The Chartered Institute of Water and Environmental Management one day conference. 'Natural Flood Management: The Evidence Requirements for Wider Delivery'. 10th September, SOAS, London. Presentation given.
- Mulkear LIFE end of project conference. 10th & 11th September , Castleconnell, Co. Limerick, Ireland. Presentation given.
- Public policy exchange 'Protecting our Most Precious Resource: Tacking Water Pollution and Improving Water Quality' 11th September, London – invited speaker. Presentation given.
- NIA National Forum - River Nene Nature Improvement Area - river restoration works information stand. London.
- 'Reviving the Waters: a Conference on Stream Restoration' - invited speaker. 22nd to 24th September, Lycksele, Sweden. Presentation given.
- 'Identifying, Planning and Undertaking River Restoration Projects'. SNH Sharing Good Practice Event. 23rd to 24th September, Glen Doll, Scotland. Organiser and presentation given.
- INTERFACES - Marie Curie foundation funded Summer School for post graduates. 4th July, Berlin, Gemany. Workshops delivered on 'stakeholder engagement' and 'ecohydrology and water environment regulation'.
- Defra WFD team meeting, London. Presentation given.
- Blue-Green Cities field visit to look at river restoration benefits in an contaminated urban environment Oregon, USA. Presentation given.
- 'International Symposium on Aquatic Ecosystem Restoration', Seoul, South Korea - invited speaker. Presentation given.
- WWF Blueprint for PR14 (water companies) conference, London. Presentation given.
- Blue-Green Cities workshop as part of the clean water for all initiative including site visit to SuDs on the Ouse burn. Newcastle. Presentation given.