|Closing Date:||4th June 2017|
|Interviews:||19th June 2017|
|Remuneration:||Unpaid. Reasonable travel expenses covered.|
|Additional docs:||Director Profile; Roles and Responsibilities|
The RRC is governed by a Board of Directors who are responsible for helping to set the strategic direction and ensure the proper operation of this not-for-profit Company, supporting the Managing Director and staff.
We are currently seeking applications for two new Directors for the Board.
Our Directors should understand the aims and purpose of the RRC and share our understanding of the need for this work and:
- have the skills, knowledge and experience for the posts, as set out in the Director profile
- be able to contribute to a diverse and effective board which meets the standards of good governance,
- can avoid conflicts of interests with their other duties, roles and interests,
- conduct themselves in a thorough, objective, impartial and equitable manner.
Our Directors meet 4 times per year and are asked to contribute their specific skills to supporting the RRC in the relevant area for a further 2-3 days. Expenses are reimbursed for these duties which maybe held anywhere within the UK but are primarily in London. Support at RRC events such as site visits and the annual conference is encouraged, although not required.
We are seeking Directors who have an interest in the water environment, river processes, flood risk and natural flood management, integrated catchment management and the UK water industry and have, or wish to develop Non Executive Board experience. We have a particular need for the following strengths:
- Marketing, fund raising and membership
- Strategic planning, governance and risk management
- Financial and corporate management
- Working with the water environment in third sector or charitable organisations
- Science and research
- Flood risk and planning
- Experience in the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland water sector
- Media and communications
How to Apply
Applications should be made to:
|The Managing Director, the River Restoration Centre,|
|2nd Floor Ziggurat, Vincent Building (B52a), Cranfield University, Cranfield, Beds, MK43 0AL|
|or by email: Directors@theRRC.co.uk|
- A covering note of not more than 2 pages summarising your proven ability related to the Director profile. Within this you should outline:
a) Your personal qualities, attributes and competencies and how they relate to the Director profile. Describe how you would bring these to the work of the RRC board, using supporting examples.
b) Why you are interested in serving on the Board.
c) Any other information that you think may be relevant to this voluntary position, including any potential areas of conflict.
d) Your current posts and any other Non Executive roles.
2. A full CV.
Enquiries about the process, including matters relating to conflicts of interest, or to talk through your questions about the role, contact:
|Martin Janes, RRC Managing Director, or Fiona Bowles, RRC Chairman|
|01234 752979 or Directors@theRRC.co.uk|