Tuesday, June 20, 2017 - 09:00 to 13:00
The way forward for UK fisheries policy in light of Brexit.
- Agenda includes discussion on sustainable management of fisheries - with implications for the wider marine environment; and
- With a contribution from Helen McLachlan, Fisheries Governance Programme Manager, WWF.
Key discussion points:
- Post-Brexit fisheries management by the UK - international and domestic legal frameworks;
- Safeguarding a globally competitive UK fishing sector - trade tariffs, access agreements and international markets;
- Priorities for UK marine food security - balancing growth and sustainability;
- Fisheries management in a devolved context - a case study from the Scottish Government; and
- Policy priorities for UK fisheries.